Posts Tagged facebook
This week our Graduate Trainee session was a chance for us to practice for our presentation showcase. We have each been working on a project throughout our trainee year and are due to share what we’ve done in July. We were given lots of useful, practical tips for making sure we’re as prepared and relaxed as we can be on the day, such as:
- Thinking about the objectives of our presentation – what we, our supervisors and our audience aim to get from it
- Planning the presentation using a storyboard to ensure variation in techniques (e.g. telling stories, relating facts, displaying images)
- Connecting with our audience by being in the moment, being enthusiastic and having a positive mind set!
As someone who isn’t generally comfortable giving presentations (yes, despite being a teacher in a past life!) I found the advice quite reassuring and positive. Hopefully, all will be well on the day!
For part of the session we were asked to prepare a short talk so we could practise some of the skills involved. I decided to base mine on the work I’ve been doing in the Library on Social Media as it’s something I’ve really enjoyed getting involved in!
For those who are interested in finding out more about how we use social media at St Hugh’s here is the slideshow from my presentation:
Tags23 things 23things archives blogs bodleian archives book repair brand case study CILIP comments conservation cpd cpd23 current awareness daily library jobs e-books e-resources ebooks facebook google calendar graduate library trainee information internet identity iPads knowledge libday8 librarianship libraries library library tools LinkedIN LISPN loose leaf loose spine networking networks open access open access resources ORA organisation oxford Oxford Brookes pinterest presentation presentations professional professional development QR Codes reflection reflective practice regulations research RSL rss rules rules and regulations smartbooks social media social networking special collections storify technology thing1 thing3 thing 4 thing4 thing5 thing6 thing7 thing8 thing9 trainee project training twitter western manuscripts
- RT @SmokeScreenVids: Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 2 Review / Reaction - Live After Show!: youtu.be/HmGh4LEl8E4?a via @YouTube 3 days ago
- RT @No_Kh: Graduate Trainee Library Assistant position @StHughsLibrary st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/discover/work-… #libraryjobs #greatplacetowork https://t.co/… 1 week ago
- RT @AdamKoszary: I wrote about our #digiRDG project, where we try to make our non-digital museums...not that. medium.com/@adamkoszary… 4 weeks ago
- RT @OriginalFunko: RT & follow @OriginalFunko for the chance to win a @GameOfThrones Pop! prize pack! https://t.co/a2311J4vEE 1 month ago
- 5 of 5 stars to A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas goodreads.com/review/show/19… 2 months ago
- 2,232 hits